for Ember Choir
Q: When are classes live-streamed on Zoom?
A: Live classes are Thursdays 7:00-9:00 PM CT, Sept 16 - Dec 16
Q: What if I have a schedule conflict or can't make a class?
A: All Zoom classes are recorded and uploaded to a shared Google Drive folder, so you are welcome to make up classes at your leisure via class recordings OR with the detailed practice tracks in your online class portal.
Q: Can I sign up for multiple taster classes?
A: Yes! The semester taster days are the first 3 class dates. You can pay for your one-off classes each week before class. After that, the semester closes to full time members, and you'll need to register for the full term to keep access to the links and materials.
Q: What if I didn't receive the Zoom and Class Portal Links in my inbox?
A: There are a couple possible reasons for this. a.) You did not submit your correctly spelled email address into the registration form. b.) Your payment did not come through, or you didn't pay + didn't reach out to establish a payment plan. c.) Your email inbox storage is full and you can't receive new mail (this is the case shockingly often and is such a sad reason to miss! Clear out your storage!) d.) You signed up for just the initial taster class and didn't register for another one or for the whole semester after that initial class (Folks not committing to the class are removed from the mailing list if they don't sign up or reply with their plan)
Q: What if I can't afford the full amount of any sliding scale tier right now?
A: Accessibility is very important to me, and I'm always looking for that sweet spot of keeping my programs as accessible as possible AND as sustainable as possible for me in the long haul. There are several ways we can work together to make something affordable to you. First of all, please read through the Sliding Scale Guidelines to get a sense of where you might fit and ways to think about affordability and reciprocity. From there, you are welcome to:
1. Reach out and set up a payment plan (many folks have already done this)
2. Ask about our reparations fund if you are a BIPOC wanting to join
3. Propose trades of goods or support in another way
4. If the class is still inaccessible after these options, let me know!
Q: What is the class refund policy?
A: For most of my programs, I do not offer refunds because doing so exponentially increases admin workload, and because purchases in the realm of fun, self-care, and education tend to come from excess funds. However, if extraneous circumstances prevent you from being able to join the course, you can request a refund and I'll get back to you when I can about it. If you request a refund and you don't qualify based on the guidelines below but reach out thoughtfully and kindly, I may choose offer you a refund for a 25% fee of your registration to cover the extra admin labor and costs.
Some things that would not qualify for a refund:
• Discovering or double-booking yourself into a schedule conflict for the live class (there are plenty of ways to join the class that don't involve being there for the specific time slot, and around half the participants are taking the self-paced option)
• Deciding the class just isn't for you after starting the semester (this is what the taster sessions were for)
• Deciding you are too busy to participate after having already signed up for the semester.
• Not knowing info about the class that was provided for you, e.i. class time, class content
Some things that would qualify you for a refund:
• A health emergency that prevents you from being able to sing remotely or join the class in some other form
• A financial emergency that has suddenly made excess funds you would spend on a class no longer available.
Thanks for honoring this and all the boundaries that make this class possible + enjoyable to offer sustainably into the future!